Maastricht University now announces civil society leadership awards for students demonstrating academic and professional excellence and a deep commitment to driving positive social change in their communities.
The aim of the programme is to encourage students wishing to apply for a master’s degree from Maastricht University.
University or Organization: Maastricht University
Course level: Master’s degree
Prize: Fully funded
Number of prizes: 5
How to log in: Online
The prize can be awarded in the Netherlands
- Eligible countries: Afghanistan, Egypt, Libya, Syria, Azerbaijan, Equatorial Guinea, Myanmar/Burma, Tajikistan, Belarus, Eritrea, Republic of the Congo, Turkmenistan, Cambodia, Ethiopia, South Sudan, Uzbekistan, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Laos and Sudan.
- Eligible courses or subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for the master’s degree in the following courses indicated at the university:
- Master’s Degree in Globalization and Development Studies
- Master of Arts in European Studies on Science, Society and Technology
- Master’s Degree in Global Health
- Master’s Degree in Public Policy and Human Development
- Master’s Degree in Economics.
- Eligibility Criteria: To qualify for the grant, applicants must follow the following requirements:
- Demonstrate maturity, flexibility and leadership potential of civil society;
- They graduated from May 2020 with an excellent academic record;
- Demonstrate professional experience related to the chosen field of study;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the language of teaching (English) at a level required for admission by Maastricht University;
- To be able to attend an intense pre-academic summer school in July or August 2021 and start its undergraduate program in September 2021;
- To be able to receive and maintain a visa or study permit as required by the Netherlands; And
- Demonstrate a clear commitment to your country of origin or region to support the development of open society.
How to apply
- How to apply: Candidates can request student processing through an online portal.
- Supporting documents: Applicants must submit a copy of the following required documents along with the application, such as an ID, JPG passport photo, resume, and academic records.
- Admission Requirements: Academics who have a letter of offer for their degree with unique curriculum criteria and must meet the university’s eligibility requirements.
- Language Requirement: If English isn’t your first language, you’ll need to prove that your English skills are high enough to succeed in your studies.
The benefits of the Maastricht University Civil Society Leadership Awards (CSLA) are as follows:
- Pre-academic preparation through summer schools
- Mandatory tuition fees
- Monthly salary per room, pension and other living expenses
- Program-related travel
- Accident and illness insurance during the program
- Funds for teaching materials and professional development
- Participation in a conference on regional programmes
- Accommodation during the application process and duration of the scholarship for applicants with disabilities